When it's about affection, you must know that dogs are equal to unconditional love. Every dog is pure love. A dog lives to give love but to receive love, too.
So, we know now that every dog is loving, but this love is spread differently depending on the breed. Some breeds show their love by being protective, some love to cuddle all day and some are energetic fluff balls that would love to play with you all day.
When you're choosing your best friend for life is important to know the level of affection you want from your doggo.
I've selected for you some of the most affectionate dog breeds that are extra-loving and that love spending time with you by snuggling up.
The following dog breeds are loved by everyone, but they are among the most preferred in families with kids.
What dog breed is most cuddly?
1. Golden Retriever - known to be the most devoted dog
Golden Retrievers are rays of the sun known for their loving heart. Goldens express their love by cuddling and snuggling up.
This dog breed is friendly with both humans and dogs. Golden Retrievers are also very intelligent and obedient, and also very easy to train.
More characteristics of Golden Retrievers:
- very active
- friendly with everyone, even with strangers and other animals
2. Labrador Retriever - perfect for families with kids
Labrador Retrievers are one of the most affectionate dog breeds that express love with their eyes. Their eyes are simply saying: "I LOVE YOU".
Labs show affection by lying down next to you. They love to cuddle and their sweet nature makes them excellent therapy dogs for kids, elders, and everyone in need.
More characteristics of Labrador Retrievers:
- extremely loving
- love to eat
- friendly with both humans and other animals
3. English Bulldog - an affectionate baby in a furry body
English Bulldogs are extremely affectionate, cuddlers, and gentle dog breeds. They give lots of love, but they also need love and attention from their families.
They are among the laziest dog breeds, very calm, and also clingy. They absolutely love kids. So, they are the perfect dog for families with kids.
More characteristics of English Bulldogs:
- adapts well to apartment living
- a perfect couch potato
- loving and lovable
- can't tolerate heat and humidity
- love to eat
- friendly with everyone
4. Pug - known as cuddling couch potato
Pugs are small affectionate dogs that are perfect for families with kids. They are playful, expressive, and curious, always looking for exciting things to do.
Pugs absolutely love to spend time close to their owners and cuddle. Pugs show their affection through sloppy kisses.
More characteristics of Pugs:
- dependent personality
- friendly nature
- love belly rubs
- great playmates for kids
- friendly with other dogs
5. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - Gentle and loving lap dog
Most Cavalier King Charles Spaniels love to cuddle. These dogs are known for being perfect dogs for families with children.
This dog breed is sweet and gentle and showers you with kisses as long as he has affection in return.
More characteristics of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels:
- extremely loving
- love to eat
- very curious
💓 Other affectionate dog breeds:
1. Poodle: Known for their intelligence & loyalty, they make great companions who are affectionate and loving towards their owners.
2. Doodle Dogs: the Poodle mixes are among the most cuddling doggies - they are known for their friendly and affectionate nature.
3. Newfoundland: Popular for their sweet and gentle nature, and they are often called "gentle giants" because of their size and affectionate demeanor.
4. Great Dane: Friendly and gentle nature, and they make great family pets who are very affectionate towards their family.
5. Border Collie: Very smart and loyal, Border Collies are often very affectionate towards their owners. They love to play and cuddle with their human companions.
6. Australian Shepherd: Also dogs with high energy and intelligence, they are also very affectionate. They love to cuddle and play with their humans.
7. Shitzu: They known for their sweet and affectionate nature, and they are often very loyal to their owners. They love to cuddle and be close to their humans.
8. Brussels Griffon: Brussels Griffons are known for their cute and affectionate nature, and they are often very attached to their owners. They love to be close to their humans and enjoy spending time with them.
9. German Shepherd: German Shepherds are known for their loyalty and protective nature, and they are also very affectionate towards their owners. They love to cuddle and spend time with their humans.
10. American Staffordshire Terrier: These dogs are known for their loyalty and affection towards their owners, and they are often very protective of their family. They love to be close to their humans and enjoy spending time with them.
Size or cuteness doesn't matter when it comes to affectionate dog breeds. Even a stray dog is incredibly affectionate and pure.
I think that every dog has an incredible love to share as long as we provide him love and trust. For instance, my Poodle lived for 17 years, and it is due to the close relationship we had.
These are only some of the most affectionate dog breeds that are known for their loving hearts. There are many more that are waiting for our love.
On the next article! Paws and love! 🐾