When it comes to researching a bed for dogs, there are plenty of options in the market, but how to know which is the best option for your Frenchie?
Table of Contents
- What Type of Bed Do French Bulldogs Like?
- A bit of context for the orthopedic beds for French Bulldogs
- What size bed does a French Bulldog need?
- What dog bed is best for a French bulldog?
- What to look for when buying a bed for your French Bulldog
What type of bed do French Bulldogs like?
French Bulldogs really like snuggling and stretching out when they relax or get ready for a nap. So, the perfect bed for a Frenchie would be one that's shaped like an oval with comfy, supportive bolsters to make sure it gets a good night's sleep no matter how it likes to rest. And if it's orthopedic, it's even better to give your pup extra comfort.
💁🏼♀️ A bit of context for the orthopedic beds for French Bulldogs
Orthopedic beds are the best choice to purchase for any Frenchie, but especially for seniors who suffer from arthritis and sore joints.
The major component of such a dog bed should be memory foam because it conforms to the dog's body. In other words, a Frenchie will feel like he is lying on the coziest and softest bed on the planet.
What size bed does a French Bulldog need?
The perfect size bed a French Bulldog needs is one that ensures your dog can comfortably fit in any position, whether it's curled up like a ball or stretched out like a starfish across the entire bed. 😅
To determine the correct size bed for your Frenchie, measure it while it is sleeping. This is essential in establishing the proper bed size.
Usually, a French Bulldog is about 11 to 12 inches tall. Males weigh between 20 and 28 pounds, while females weigh between 16 and 24 pounds.
What dog bed is best for a French bulldog?
Due to its round shape, this Donut Cuddler dog bed (also suitable for cats 🐱) is great for French Bulldogs that enjoy curling up. The high rim provides security, having head and neck support, while the ultra-soft filling relieves muscle and joint tension.
👉 Why choose The Original Calming Donut:
- Superior comfort: This warm luxury dog bed is reminiscent of a mother's fur coat, since it is cozy, flexible, and trimmed with vegan faux shag fur.
- Versatile design & maintenance: This bed is available in a variety of stunning natural colors, making it a perfect match to any room's décor.
- Pet-safe material: Consumer Product Safety Commission-approved labs were used to verify the safety of you and your pets. Free of flame retardants, formaldehyde, skin-irritating chemicals, and harsh dyes.
- Better sleep
- Satisfaction guarantee
The Original Calming Shag Donut Cuddler dog bed by Best Friends by Sheri is now available with a matching Calming Shag Pet Throw Blanket.
Specifically designed for pets like French Bulldogs who love to curl up, this round bed offers a sense of security and optimal support for their head and neck, ensuring a restful and peaceful slumber.
👉 Why should you consider The Original Calming Donut:
- Superior Comfort: This luxury dog bed boasts a level of plushness that's 20% more than most competitors, offering a softer and comfier experience. Its high-quality faux shag fur mimics the warmth and comfort of a mother's coat, making it the perfect haven for your pet.
- Versatile Design & Easy Maintenance: With an array of stunning natural colors to choose from, this fluffy dog bed seamlessly blends with any room's decor, adding an aesthetic touch to your home. Plus, it's a breeze to clean, with sizes XS-L fully machine washable and size XL featuring a removable, washable cover.
- Pet-Safe Material: Rest easy knowing that this dog bed is OEKO-TEX certified, ensuring it's free from harmful substances like flame retardants, formaldehyde, skin-irritating chemicals, and harsh dyes. Your pet's safety and comfort are our top priorities.
- Better Sleep: The raised rim not only provides a cozy nest but also offers soothing support. The ultra-soft filling eases muscle and joint pain, making it the perfect retreat for your pet's overall well-being.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We are confident that your pet will love The Original Calming Donut, and we back it up with our satisfaction guarantee. If you or your furry friend aren't completely satisfied, we've got you covered.
The interior sleep surface is covered with snuggly soft, plush 'wave' faux fur, while the exterior is coated in smooth velvet fabric; both textures are gentle on noses and paws, allowing for improved snuggling.
👉 Why FurHaven orthopedic dog bed for your French Bulldog:
- Easy on joints: The eggshell crate orthopedic foam foundation cushions, pressure points and improve air circulation, while the fluff-filled bolster railings support the neck, back, hips, and joints, easing tension and encouraging deep sleep
- Available in many colors and sizes
- Easy care: the removable dog bed cover is totally machine washable
- Customer assurance
- *NOT recommended for pets who are teething excessively or have damaging chewing behavior
This orthopedic dog bed's memory foam provides a high-quality base for enhanced overall comfort, reduced joint pain (arthritis), and improved health, mobility, and energy. Also, it provides comfort as a Calming dog bed for anxious pets.
👉 Why PetFusion Ultimate orthopedic dog bed:
- The small dog bed foundation and bolsters offer maximum support, comfort, and security.
- Waterproof and tear-resistant cover works in tandem with the waterproof dog bed lining.
- Blends in with your environment.
- Separate replacement pet bed covers are available.
What to look for when buying a bed for your French Bulldog
- Memory foam cushion
- Orthopedic shape
- Pet-friendly & eco-friendly
- High-quality material
- Durability of the product
Other things to consider when buying a bed for your Frenchie are:
- Health condition
- Size of your dog
- Reviews from other customers
- Price (expensive beds typically have features such as non-slip bottoms, washable covers, and other facilities)
Now that you've found the perfect bed for your Frenchie, you can also ensure it enjoys the best treats. Explore our top picks for the best treats for French Bulldogs to keep your beloved dog both comfortable and satisfied.
Final thoughts 💭
The French Bulldog is one of the most popular dog breeds in the United States. For good cause, these little, bat-eared creatures are the perfect couch potatoes, being at the top of the list for the laziest dog breeds.
When it comes to bedding, your French Bulldog will probably adore any bed you bring home for it. But, if you want to invest in the best-of-the-best for your beloved pup, be sure it has all the "features" mentioned in this article.